Wednesday 22 February 2017

Lab 5 : Noise Reduction

50 mm : ISO 100 - f/16 - 3"

On :

Off :
There seem to not have much of a difference between the noise reduction On and Off at ISO 100. Because the ISO is already very low, it doesn't change much to the image.

50mm : ISO 800 - f/16 - 0.4"

On :

Off :

For 800 ISO, we start seeing a little bit of noise around when the noise reduction is Off, mostly on the canvas. When I turn my noise reduction On, I think that my camera reduces pretty well for a high ISO without loosing much details. Since noise is much more visible in darker places, I assured myself to at least have a little bit of black to compare my noise reductions properly.

50mm : ISO 6400 - f/16 - 1/20 secs.

On :

Off :

For 6400 ISO, which is the highest ISO possible on the Nikon D3200, if we compare it to the other ISO featured on this blog, we can see a pretty good difference, noise reduction on and off. Although for the noise reduction on, I still think it does a pretty decent job in reducing the noise. I only have an On & Off option for noise reduction so I can't do a comparison between Low, Standard & High but if I had to choose between keeping the noise reduction On & Off, I'd prefer keeping it On because I don't loose much details after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment